Project Sanctuary - The 10 Basic Pre-Suppositions (1997)
Project Sanctuary is a probably infinite number of techniques and approaches that grow organically from the original ideas about metaphors, what they are, and how they can be used to further almost any human endeavour you might ever wish to undertake.
As such, it is primarily a full set of self help tools for one person to use by themselves.
It is also a therapeutic approach with unlimited applications, and a wonderful experience when used in groups, with friends, as a party game or in the context of a professional weekend workshop.
Lastly, Project Sanctuary is a meta platform to unite virtually any other form of therapy, self help or psychology intervention and to set these techniques into a context that is both evolutionary and truly ecological.
It is a tremendously flexible healing modality which can be used at it's simplest level by anyone who can think, dream or communicate and at it's most complex and involved level, may provide a bridge to the realms of silence and metaphysical exploration of the most profound dimensions.
All the while, every aspect of what Project Sanctuary is used for and how it is used, remains entirely under the control of the individual in whose mind these events are taking place.
Project Sanctuary is based upon the following core ideas:
- Imagination is the bridge between the real world and the world of pure consciousness and energy where everything is possible.
- The language of Metaphor is your passport to be able to cross this bridge at will.
- The CONSCIOUS mind CAN learn how to communicate directly with the unconscious.
- It is in this communication that will and mind align and magic and miracles become possible.
- The mind is an ecological, interconnected, holistic system - a multi dimensional matrix.
- Changes at any point have effects on the whole.
- Changes made at the metaphorical level have wide ranging repercussions on all parts of the mind.
- Current interventions are far too limited in time and space across the mind and lack ecology considerations.
- The mind as a whole is virtually never used to solve it's own problems.
- Dialoguing with one's own mind in all it's complexity leads to a tremendous increase in creativity, intelligence, pro-activity and ability to overcome all kinds of perceived limitations.
Also see Project Sanctuary In A Nutshell 2009 - https://projectsanctuary.com/project_sanctuary_in_a_nutshell.htm